5D Data Modelling
Scope of work
5D Data Modelling brings together streams of data from across Council, utilities and private sector to build a five dimensional view of city planning and infrastructure. Ipswich is an interconnected web of infrastructure and data that keeps our City alive and humming. By integrating Council data with state and federal government data, as well as telecommunications and utility data, we can create a truly holistic view of the City.
Starting with a 3D digital model of City infrastructure above and below ground, dimensions of data and time are overlayed to produce a 5D Data Model.
The 5D Data Modelling initiative also feeds into other Smart City Program initiatives including Remote Piloted Systems, Connected Transport and the Health Living Lab.
Benefits to Business
- A more tangible interface will be provided for traditionally complex and siloed City data, to build a five-dimensional view of City infrastructure.
- The 5D Data Modelling initiative will enable better quality data collection and analysis.
- The initiative will allow Council to be more effective and innovative with planning, development, compliance, maintenance and research.
Benefits to Community
- As a result of this initiative, Council will be able to more quickly provide community solutions.
- The initiative will ensure a more efficient and transparent Council, which will improve resident satisfaction.
- The 5D data modelling initiative allows for delivery of other Smart City initiatives, which will improve the lives of the Ipswich community using data and technology.
Shaping a Smart Vision