EZ10 Driverless Shuttle Demo
Scope of work
The City of Ipswich recently partnered with EasyMile and Transdev to feature a public demonstration of the EZ10 driverless shuttle in Springfield. This demonstration provided an opportunity for the citizens of Ipswich to experience the future of transport and an introduction to fully autonomous (self-driving) shuttle technology.
Moving smart transport forward in Ipswich
The Ipswich Smart City Program is defined by principles and outcomes measured by industry advancement, skills development, community prosperity and liveability. As we evolve in our Smart City journey through key learnings via pilot projects we continue to establish the city as an international testbed for innovative smart city partnerships, applications and learning.
The City of Ipswich is a globally recognised leader within the Smart City space where electric driverless technology is aligned to the long term transport solutions we are investigating for our citizens.
Meet the EZ10 driverless shuttle
The vehicle on display was the EasyMile EZ10, a fully autonomous, 100% electric driverless shuttle:
- Designed to cover short predefined routes through embedded and localisation technologies developed by EasyMile
- Utilising the latest technology to safely respond to environmental changes like moving pedestrians, cyclists and other vehicles
- Able to carry up to 12 people (6 seating, 6 standing), with an access ramp ensuring accessibility to people with disabilities.
Free public demonstrations of EasyMile’s EZ10 fully autonomous shuttle took place from Monday, 26 February to Saturday, 3 March 2018 and travelled from Orion Lagoon along John Nugent Way.
We would like to acknowledge the support of the following partners: EasyMile, TransDev, Telstra, Springfield City Group, University of South Queensland, SEQ Council of Mayors.
- Showcase state-of-the-art driverless technology
- Provide Ipswich residents the opportunity to evaluate transport innovations
- Communicate with potential local technology to strengthen innovative transport solutions
Benefits to Business
- Local testing and advancement of smart transport solutions
- New innovative technology partnerships
- Development and transfer of worldclass technology skills
Benefits to Community
- Opportunity to experience the future of transport
- Safe technology responsive to changing environmental variables
- Carries up to 12 people and offers disability access ramp