Rosewood Pilot Project
Scope of work
Council owned and managed Rosewood Showgrounds has been established as a test location for innovative Smart City technology. The technology will transform the way a site with Recreational Vehicle (RV) camping facilities, a hall and a showground area is managed.
The scope of services which have been implemented include:
- Free Wi-Fi in the showgrounds
- LED luminaires with Nema 7 pin nodes to allow street lights to be controlled remotely
- Sensors on water tanks to monitor water levels
- Installation of solar panels on roof, integrated batteries and micro-grid technology
- Waste sensors to notify Council when the bins reach a threshold
- Video analytics for Safe City and traffic management
- Environmental monitoring station to record temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction
- Traffic counting camera and cameras to determine the number of vacant parking spots
- A full keyless entry to the hall
- People counters at amenities block to notify Council when the block needs cleaning due to high usage
- Installation of IoT and supporting infrastructure
Benefits to Business
- This initiative will allow new technology solutions and opportunities to be implemented, assessed and potentially scaled in quick time.
- Council services will be improved and made more efficient with the use of innovative technology.
Benefits to Community
- Council will be more responsive using technology, for example emptying bins according to need and cleaning facilities during high usage periods.
- Booking Council facilities will be smoother, with technology allowing booking and payment online and access codes sent straight to a smartphone.
- Free Wi-Fi is now available for the community to use.
Shaping a Smart Vision